Sunday, June 3, 2007

Comments on the Public Lecture Project

It was the first time I went to a public lecture (presented in English I mean). I believe this is a good experience to improve your listening skills. Indeed, in such presentations you could interact with native people and not only with students. Besides that, I learned some interesting things about Palliative care. Before attending this lecture, I had thought that Palliative care is only about cancer patients and the management of intractable pain. Then I realised that patients with neurological disorders are a growing segment of the population and they also require palliative care because of PROGRESSIVE neurological disease. Additionally, Dr Borasio is an excellent speaker. During his presentation, he tryed to make things explicit for the public audience

No comments: